So this week I have actually thought a lot about you, all my blog readers! I know I don’t have a whole ton of you out there right now, but I have been asked recently about how I do things – my methods and such – and I’m wondering…. Do I have what it takes to write a tutorial?!?! Well, we will certainly see, however it will have to be another day because tonight isn’t that night. 🙂
Here’s a wrap up of my last week!
Last Week’s Goals
1. Bind Women’s Christmas Dinner quilt – done and done!!!!
2. Plan out and execute table decor for Women’s Christmas Dinner – Okay, so this didn’t happen. I had some rather difficult things to maneuver this week, and I didn’t get the chance to do this, however the quilt went over very well and the recipient was very happy to win it. 🙂
3. Finish Andrea’s quilt. – OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Guess WHAT!?!?!
Yup!!! Totally did it!!! I will be delivering this to her on 12/8!!! YIPPEEE!!! Seriously, how long did you guys get to read “Finish Andrea’s quilt”?? Countless – well, if you do happen to want to go back and count, you are welcome to leave a comment.
4. Make some totes for Christmas gifts – So this didn’t happen.
5. And other Christmas gift oriented stuff and things (that’s really technical lingo you are getting right there folks) – This DID happen, I just can’t really say anything….
So of course I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t completely shun something I planned for something I didn’t plan, right? This was actually something I had on my list a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t do, and didn’t think to put it on my list last week, but I did manage to knock a mini quilt out tonight for a swap I am involved with! I am very happy with the quilting, personally. I designed it and then it actually happened! Is it perfect? Nope, but there really is no such thing as perfect quilting anyway, so just enjoy the view. 🙂
Okay, we all know Christmas is coming. I have put off my own personal sewing for Christmas until, um…today. That means I have two weeks and a few days to get done what I am really wanting to get done. This is going to be a distinct challenge because, well, I want to do a lot of things.
Because most of what I want to accomplish this week is personal, and this is a blog that anyone can see, I am going to have to just leave it at me wanting to get a lot done for people that I love. 🙂
I will say that I will be on vacation in 2 weeks – my only vacation for the year – and I seriously can’t wait! I am hoping to get my son’s quilt done in four days – the back is already done and pieced – just have to get the front done in a few days’ time. No big deal, right? Oh, and it can only be when he is asleep since I don’t want him to see it before Christmas morning. My poor kiddo has put up with me working full time during the day as well as working on my sewing at night and on the weekends for three years and he still doesn’t have a quilt. That has definitely got to change.
In the coming few weeks, I will have GUEST BLOGGERS on my blog! It’s going to be a Q&A type post, and I’m excited to branch out and have some people on my blog that are absolutely stellar to me!